Our friend Lucia Lopez is leaving us for a great new job – we wish her all the best! We are looking for her replacement as Development Associate for Island Moving Co.
Island Moving Co seeks a Development Associate for a part time position. The Development Associate is responsible for administrative aspects of development, donor database management as well as the development and implementation of the Fund Development plan for the Island Moving Co. to achieve a specific fundraising goal. Island Moving Co. is a non-profit, professional contemporary ballet company based in Newport, RI. The position is half time to start; hours will increase in 2016. The Development Associate plays an important role by providing administrative support to the organization and participating in fundraising and administrative activities, including database creation and management; direct mail appeals; assistance with special events; and performing website updates. Responsibilities:
- Work with the Executive Director to execute fundraising, cultivation and stewardship programs for donors at all levels, including but not limited to direct mail, print newsletters, e-newsletters, development of website contents, special events and personal contacts.
· Participate in the creation of the fund development plan with strategies, goals and benchmarks
· Proactively implement new or improved programs to serve donors; coordinate and improve donor stewardship
· Develop and maintain donor database with Patron Manager software
· Process pledges, donations and acknowledgement
· Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed
· Participate in the maintaining and updating of website and social media outlets as appropriate
Preparation and Knowledge:
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· A minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative position in a non-profit development office
· Experience with database fundraising software and database management
Knowledge of Patron Manager is an advantage
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
· Experience with WordPress websites a plus
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Ability to organize and prioritize work
· Strong self-motivation and the ability to work as a team member
· Ability to work with volunteers
· Commitment to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in donor records.
Apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com