Capital Campaign Director
Island Moving Company seeks an energetic individual with stellar interpersonal skills to assist in the management and execution of a $4 million capital campaign.
Title: Capital Campaign Director
Position Status: Part-time (approx. 15 hours weekly)
Reports To: Executive Director
Effective Date: Upon Hire
General Description: Following a comprehensive campaign feasibility study, the Capital Campaign Director is a newly-created, part-time, 18 month position designed to help keep the campaign on schedule and progressing with a high level of visibility, excitement, optimism and confidence in achieving the campaign goal. The campaign will result in the construction of Island Moving Company’s first permanent home. The completed facility will house IMC’s professional dance company, after-school dance program, and administrative team.
The Capital Campaign Director will work closely with the Executive Director, Capital Campaign Committee Chair, Committee Ambassadors, Board of Directors, and Campaign Consultants. He or she will be highly motivated, well organized, experienced in running a capital campaign through quiet and public phases, and able to work with campaign volunteers, donors and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees Campaign development operations during the Campaign.
• Coordinates monthly Campaign Ambassadors meetings, including notifications, agenda development, advance material distribution, minutes, and follow-up.
• Communicates with each Campaign volunteer on a bi-weekly basis to ensure that volunteers are clear on assignments and are making consistent progress toward prospect solicitation.
• As guided by Executive Director, assists the Campaign Chair and individual Campaign Ambassador members in setting, preparing for and following-up on cultivation and solicitation appointments.
• Works with the Development Associate to design, set-up and oversee an effective and efficient in-house Campaign operating, accounting, acknowledgment and tracking system.
• Develops and revises Campaign case materials and model gift proposals to meet specific prospect solicitation needs.
• Coordinates with Campaign Consultants to provide Campaign Ambassadors top prospect research, ensuring effective utilization of wealth analytics results to ensure validation of current prospects and identification and qualification of new ones.
• Works closely with the Executive Director and Campaign Chair to direct the Public Campaign Phase.
• Works with the Marketing Director to implement Campaign Communications and Marketing Plan.
• Conducts prospect cultivation and (where appropriate) prospect solicitation through personal contacts and networking.
• Assists the Executive Director, Campaign Chair, in developing and implementing a Capital Campaign Donor Recognition Plan.
Qualifications for Success:
• Collaborative and team focused.
• Able to engage quantitatively and qualitatively.
• Good sense of humor.
• Ability to react to fast changing environment.
• Able communicator and ability to work face-to-face with high net worth individuals.
• Strong listener and ability to empathize.
• Professional demeanor.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience, and a minimum of 5 years nonprofit fundraising / development experience.
• A proven track record of success in implementing comprehensive fundraising strategies.
• Working knowledge of industry software.
• CFRE credential preferred.
Compensation: Dependent upon experience.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with the subject line “CAPITAL CAMPAIGN DIRECTOR” to Info@IslandMovingCo.org. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No calls please.