Island Moving Company seeks an Executive Director.
Qualities of Leadership Sought
The ideal Executive Director thinks strategically and lives IMC’s mission every day, working in coordination with Board and artistic leadership. She/he is responsible for general operational, administrative and financial management of the organization. The Executive Director develops and manages organizational policies in such key areas as operations, fundraising, finance and budgeting, marketing and communications, the newly acquired Newport Academy of Ballet, community outreach, national touring, and stakeholder relations. The seamless integration of the IMC’s Newport Academy of Ballet, together with the ongoing Capital Campaign will be key areas of focus for the Executive Director.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and works closely with the Founding Artistic Director (Miki Ohlsen) to successfully implement new and existing artistic programs; to ensure appropriate visibility and awareness of the Company’s programs and educational activities, and to develop strategic collaborations that achieve ongoing local and national recognition. IMC is proud to have a very collaborative working environment and a lean organizational structure. This role is for a hands-on director.
- Experienced fundraiser for organizations with annual budgets of at least $500,000 with proven track record of building and maintaining annual fundraising efforts.
- Extensive experience with nonprofit funding and demonstrable success in cultivating and maintaining relationships with foundations, corporations, government agencies, and individuals.
- Experience working to develop advocates within local and regional government, private partners and national organizations.
- 5-10 years in senior level management, including working with and developing a board of directors.
- Respected as a nonprofit leader with the ability to implement practical strategic plans.
- Familiarity with arts management challenges and opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills & proficient with standard computer programs.
- The candidate will strongly identify with the local community, with extensive local outreach experience.
- Knowledge of, or keen interest in, the performing arts, preferably in dance or closely related art forms.
- Substantial career experience at a management level of an arts organization.
- Bachelor’s degree (or other advanced degree) in a related field.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with extraordinary interpersonal skills who can prioritize and complete tasks to deliver desired outcomes in a timely and fiscally responsible manner.
- She/he will be optimistic and versatile in a position that requires frequent change and flexibility.
- She/he will be able to create and lead a vibrant team environment with staff, Board and other stakeholders to achieve organizational objectives
- Competitive, based on the qualifications and experience of the candidate Island Moving Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity.
If you are ready to help guide the Island Moving Company into the future we would love to hear from you. Please send a letter of interest, resume and references to our search committee email address (preferred) before 31 May to: email@example.com
Alternatively please send the above mentioned documents via post, marked PRIVATE and CONFIDENTIAL, to:
Island Moving Company
Attn: Hugh Baertlein
PO Box 746
Newport, RI 02840
Thank you for your interest in Island Moving Company. For a full Job Description and more information regarding Island Moving Company, please click here.