CREATE, TRAIN, & ADVANCE YOUR PROFESSIONAL CAREER IN DANCE
LEARN MORE & APPLY
CONTACT: Danielle Genest, Associate Artistic Director
Island Moving Company’s (IMC’s) Professional Trainee Program bridges the gap between a dancer’s formative training and professional or collegiate pursuits.
The program prepares young dancers to refine their technique, artistry, and performance skills required for a career in dance.
A UNIQUELY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!
IMC’s Professional Trainee Program is a full time, 8-month immersive educational experience designed for pre-professional dancers aged 18 – 24 who aspire to pursue a career in dance.
Interested students elect to take a gap interval (1 or 2 years) between OR in lieu of academic/college studies to further their training and experience prior to entering the professional dance world.
The program consists of two semesters spanning September- May, during which trainees take company class, rehearse, perform, create, and teach alongside IMC’s professional company.
PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITIES ARE PLENTIFUL AND INCLUDE:
- Classical and contemporary work in Company performances
- Trainee showcases
- IMC outreach programs
- Soloist appearances with IMC’s Junior Company
PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
Daily Ballet Technique Class
- 2-3 days per-week alongside IMC company dancers
- Trainee exclusive classes 2-3 days per week taught by IMC Artistic staff or Visiting Guest Artists or Company members
- Personal coaching
- Advanced Academy classes in the evenings
- Choreography showcases for trainees
- Rehearsals with the company
- Work with resident and visiting choreographers
- Understudy company repertory works
- Training for IMC’s In-School k-12, curricular based, Educational Programs
- Teaching assistant positions in IMC’s professional Academy
Mentoring and Career Support
- Provided by IMC Artistic & Associate Artistic Directors
- Partnered with an IMC company dancer
- Photo shoot, career development, and resume building classes
- Professional Resources for young dancers
- Resume writing classes
- Professional headshot and dance photography session
- Others TBD
All prospective students must complete the audition registration form and accompanying documents including:
- Video sample(s)
- Statement of professional/artistic goals
Application Deadline June 17, 2021
Acceptance & required 25% deposit July 23, 2021
Semester I Dates Sept. 13 – Dec. 17, 2021
Semester II Dates Jan 10 – May 14, 2022
The Trainee Program is tuition-based with a limited number of merit scholarships available.
TUITION SCHEDULE FOR FALL, 2021
Year, one all Inclusive tuition $6,450
Application/Reservation fee* $50
*Non-refundable and not applied to tuition
IMC does NOT provide Housing-but will help students to find safe, appropriate accommodations when possible.
For accepted trainees, IMC invites you to participate in IMC’s Summer Intensive, July 12, 2021 through July 25, 2021 with a 40% discounted rate ($1,000 for the 2-week intensive).
TRAINEE APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY JUNE 17, 2021