FROM ISLAND MOVING COMPANY TO YOU!
As we approach the coming holidays, we can’t help but to reflect on what a spectacular year Island Moving Company has had. 2019 provided strong and moving performances at some of the most unique venues in Rhode Island and across the world. And YOU, our closest and dearest supporters, were present and supportive for most all of our achievements.
We wanted to thank you for your continued support, and to share some of our outstanding achievements with you.
Thanks to you, we:
- Attracted over 10,000 visitors/patrons to our annual main-stage, site-specific and Family Series performances
- Premiered new works by well-known choreographers with live music at Rosecliff Mansion and the Newport Congregational Church (NCC)
- Created a phenomenal new production of Alice in Wonderland also at the NCC
- Presented IMC’s premiere of Jose Limon’s seminal work Mazurkas at the Gamm Theatre in Warwick
- Produced a special matinee performance of IMC’s Mother Goose for over 1,500 Providence students on the grand stage of the Providence Performing Arts Center
- Provided arts-integrated learning in Math & Literacy for over 5,000 of Aquidneck Island’s most-in-need Students
- Hosted over 50 dancers from across the country (and Italy) at the alfresco inauguration of the Newport Dance Festival
- Toured to both the pearlPRESENTS Dance Festival in Pittsburgh, PA as well as the The San Nicola International Dance Competition in Bari, Italy
- Held a record breaking Newport Nutcracker at Rosecliff to welcome in the magic of the holiday season
We also welcomed new full time and apprentice dancers this year, and the Newport Academy of Ballet exceeded previous enrollments – with over 200 students enrolled in classes – 20% of which are on full or partial scholarship.
We are grateful to you! – for your interest and engagement with Island Moving Company – whether it be attendance at a performance, dancing the night away at our Summer Gala or sharing your experiences and memories of IMC with friends.
At this time of year, we know that many of you are considering end of the year gifts, and we hope that you, inspired by all that was created in 2019, will consider Island Moving Company as part of your end-of-year giving. This year, an anonymous donor is graciously offering IMC a challenge grant to help us close the year strong! Offering to match dollar-for-dollar every lapsed, new or renewed donation-OR-increase over existing pledges—this offer will amplify whatever gift you may chose to make!
Your support can help us maintain our growth and ensure that we can all share the joy of dance with each other as we enter 2020. Please consider Island Moving Company as part of your end-of-year giving.